Wednesday, February 17, 2016

One in a Million - Again

Ok, so I get that I am rare but this is getting ridiculous!  I asked the doctor how many people have to have both sides biopsied at the same time.  She said less than 20%.  Then she broke the news to me that the area of enhansment on the left side was large and they needed to do 2 biopsies on that side alone.  So it was 3 biopsies today.  Oh and when they did the MRI after they saw a hematoma on the left side and had to suck that out.  Oh and they place small tags at each site of biopsy and the gun did not deploy the tag on the right side so after the procedure I had a mammogram to make sure the tags were in the right place there was no tag at all and they had to go back in under ultrasound and find the right spot and place another tag.  Needless to say it was bad.  She said that maybe once a year the tag doesn't deploy and so with all of it together it was pretty rare and I was pretty overwhelmed.  I am having a lot of bleeding if I move at all but that is a good thing cause moving really hurts.  I am praying tomorrow will be better.  The only consolation of this is that it is done.  Now we wait, I was told originally Friday for results but now I hear next week sometime.  The waiting is hard.  I just want this to be over but I know it is a marathon not a sprint so I need to be more patient.  I have hard choices in front of me, reconstruction, surgery.  I have been all over the place with it and I don't know what I should do but I have been asking good friends for advice.
This is were faith comes in.  I know that when we finally sit down with the surgeon I will know what to do.  I know that doors are opening and this is for a purpose.  I know it sounds funny but today was hard but one of the doctors that worked on me was a fellow.  That is a doctor that has his license but is training in a specialty.  The spend a year or more studying for that field specifically.  I realized on the way home that today he saw something he would not normally see and was guided by a seasoned doctor on handling it.  Someday he will have another woman with this and he will know what to do and will be confident.  That makes it worth it.  I am grateful that Heavenly Father is mindful even if it hurts and I am overwhelmed, he is not.  He has a plan and I just need to do my part.  Please keep praying that I can handle my part and I will just keep holding on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry sweetheart. You continue in my prayers every single day. Love you! You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete