Friday, February 5, 2016

In the Beginning

In the beginning there was a sore and the sore grew....
Around the beginning of December I found a small sore on my breast.  I tried an antibiotic cream but it didn't heal.  One morning I looked at it and thought, "I have Padget's".  I went to my primary doctor but he wasn't there so I saw his partner.  He said , no, but after looking at it "maybe".  So off I went to a dermatologist.  She said no way and treated me for infection.  Several weeks later it was not better so she treated me for yeast.  2 and 1/2 weeks later she finally gave in a did a biopsy.  2 days later she called and said I have Padget's of the nipple.  It is a rare breast cancer.  Only 1 percent of all women with breast cancer will get Padget's.  The good news is it is not aggressive so normally breast conserving surgery and radiation are treatment.  Sounds simple right? 
Nothing is ever simple for me!
I know that Heavenly Father is mindful, giving me inspiration so I could find this early is a gift.  Letting me know tells me he is watching gives me peace, and the priesthood blessing I received from our wonderful bishop reminds me he is in charge and will not leave my family without me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment