Saturday, April 16, 2016

Overwelming Support!

One thing we are quickly learning is we are not alone!  When I knew I had cancer I thought we can have a yard sale.  We have done that before and I thought " I can do that " to help.  I foolishly thought I could fix things.  I put the word out and thought if I get a few donations that would be great.   When Josh got sick our friends took over.  First came donations.  We filled the garage and the porch and the back patio and then the neighbors garage.  Then came the help - friends came and never left today.  I sit here and weep to think of all that was given...it was beyond anything anyone could imagine.  I could do virtually nothing and no one cared.  We sold more than I have ever seen at a yard sale and still had 3 trailer and 2 truck loads to donate to DI (the local thrift store).  I can't help thinking of the Savior feeding the 5 thousand.  Truly my family was fed and there was more left over than began.  The money made is indeed a blessing sorely needed but it really wasn't about that, I feel truly loved and humbled and taught today.  Heavenly Father loves us and doesn't leave us alone and I am reminded that I don't have to do everything  - Heavenly Father can do anything and he is in charge.  I need to remember that his plan is perfect and I need to let him lead me. 
I am grateful for friends and family and strangers.  Today I saw angels.  They surrounded my family and bore us up.  We have so much to be grateful for.  All I can say is thank you....it seems so hollow and small but thank you so much.  It makes me cry to say it and I don't know what else to say.  My family is my life and I am overmelmed.

1 comment: