Friday, April 8, 2016

Home Again, Home Again, Gigidy Jog

My son is a miracle!  He had emergency brain surgery on Monday night and is home!  We came home yesterday (Thursday afternoon) and he is doing so well.  He will have to be down for about a week but can then go back to school.  We will send him in his wheelchair, if he got bumped he would be in trouble, but he should do fine.  Right now he has no real impairment.    We are seeing our pediatrician this morning and then we can rest till next week when the pathology comes back.  After that will be a bunch of appointments and lots of hard decisions.  We found out that the surgery was not as successful as the doctor had hoped.  There is still 25% of the tumor left.  It can be hard to tell where tumor ends and brain begins.  I have assured the doctor that we think he did amazing, if he had probed further Josh may have lost his ability to walk so we really think he did great.  He discussed another surgery but we are not leaning that way and will not do anything till pathology comes back. 
     We were blessed to have members of our stake presidency come by and give Gordon and I blessings last night.  It was a beautiful reminders of our role in this.  I think I will probably say this every post but I am so blessed to be Joshua's mother.  He teaches me every day and it is an honor to walk with him.  God lives, he loves us and I know he is mindful of Joshua.  That is enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is to have Josh home and doing well. I needed to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua is also blessed to have you as a mother. No one I know could handle all this with such claim faith and happy optimism. We love you thanks you for keeping us informed. We think of you all everyday. Many prayers.

    ReplyDelete