Thursday, March 24, 2016

Return from the Dead

I am alive!  I have been home from the hospital since Monday (apparently this is an outpatient procedure) and we have been surrounded with food and flowers and gifts.  I am not hurting too bad if I am careful and able to sit and visit.  I have one drain and look horrible but it is not too bad.  I want to thank the many people who have stopped by and brought meals and flowers.  I have not written before  this because I am afraid to jinx it.  I am still holding my breath.  I want to heal well and know that this will take some time so I am being cautious.  But today someone said they had been wondering how I was and I realized I needed to post.  I will keep doing what I have to and appreciate the continued prayers. 
I am humbled by the love I have been shown.  My body looks so bad now but never have so many made me feel beautiful.  I am beginning to see what beauty truly is.  It is not about how we look but the strength of our hearts.  I hope to heal quickly and get back to the work of being beautiful.  Thank you.

4 comments: