Monday, August 22, 2016

The End and a New Beginning

On Saturday Josh took a turn for the worse.  He began to slip in and out of consciousness.  We called our Bishop and Stake President and they came.  He didn't seem to know them but then our Stake President put his hands on Josh and gave him a blessing.  At the end Josh clearly said Amen and Thank you.  Those were his last words.  He lingered for one more day so our family could quietly spend the Sabbath together and then this morning at 10:30 he left us.  He fought hard for every breath and never gave up.  It was very hard to see him struggle and broke my heart but I could not be prouder of him.   Within minutes of his passing the kids in the neighborhood heard and came.  What a joyous site to see his body finally resting and 8 or 9 teenagers standing around him quietly visiting.  When the adults came in they all went to the kitchen and polished off 2 containers of ice cream and every popsicle we had!  How Josh would have loved that.

We now look to the future.  Joshua is were he belongs and no longer hurts.  I know he is at peace and I am so grateful to know that I will see him again.  We are having a funeral on Saturday at 10:30 and I will post the address and info later.  We are asking everyone to come.  This is a day for family and friends and we want you all to be a part of it.  If you can come we have plenty of room for you to stay.  Our wonderful ward family has offered their homes and we have room for everyone, please let me know.
We are grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves us.  He loves Josh and I know he is proud of him.  I could not let him go if did not know that he was loved and is being cared for by his Heavenly Father.  He rests with his sister Micah and other family.  I have longed for my children to meet my father and today Joshua did.  We are peaceful and sad and grateful all at the same time.  We ask for continued prayers and welcome all to come visit.  We love you.  Joshua loved you too.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Even knowing josh is in a wonderful place being loved and taken care of doesn't help our heart aches. You have an amazing family and are a wonderful example to many. We will see u at the funeral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth. My heart is full and I am so grateful to know you. So thankful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. My prayers continue for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will forever remember that smile! I am grateful that I had the opportunity to meet Josh, and be his teacher. He was such a hard worker. He never made excuses and always put forth his best effort. I loved watching your family interact. You are a very loving family, and there was always a sense of peace. I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless Josh. God bless you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete